Followers

Friday 14 March 2014

The sleeves are in and gift tags for your sewing projects.


The sleeves are in!
I am so happy with the fit on this blouse, it really is a very nice and so comfortable. I am not too happy with the fabric as it is a bit thin but I think the blouse will look nice with a pair of jeans. 

The sleeves are quite detailed, there are little pleats in the top and there is a looped cuff, I really enjoyed the process of making them.  
I did not have enough cream thread to make the buttonholes and stitch up the hem, I have ordered some via the internet and it should arrive shortly then I can get it finished. I have been having a play around with hand worked button holes made in silk thread but they were a little too thick for this fabric, so machine stitched buttonholes are my choice for this finish.

When I have finished the blouse next week I will be cutting out another one in a lovely bright pink fabric.

I have made these gift labels for you to download and print, just attach ribbon or string and attach them to your creations to add that little something! I think you can use a 2" circle punch to cut them out.  



Until next time  - happy stitching!


3 comments:

myrica said...

Nice Blouse and so lovely craft room
I have a room for may sewing and scrapping, but not so nice like yours.
so lovely thing you have make.
Thanks for the freebee
Have a nice day
Ingvor

Christine said...

That's great, I really like the pleated sleeve head.
Good luck with the buttonholes, I can never seem to get mine neat and even

Solstitches said...

So nice to see a dressmaking post Lynn.
The blouse you made is lovely.
I'm looking forward to seeing the pink version.
Margaret