I have finally started stitching the red dress (Simplicity Pattern 2588) I told you about in my last post way back in June, better late than never!
I have not been sewing since making my blue dress, however, I get so many compliments when I wear it I was inspired to get on with sewing the red dress for the summer.
The above photo is the muslin I stitched to check out the fit, I bought plenty of this red cotton fabric with the intention of making a muslin to ensure I achieved the perfect fit, I am so glad I did because I had to alter the bust area by adding some fullness and I then decided to use the pleated sleeve instead of the plain one. I have quite narrow shoulders and I therefore needed to give them some width by using the fuller pleated sleeve.
This photo shows the plain sleeve without the pleats.
I interlined all of the pieces because it really does make a difference to the drape of the fabric.
Close up of the pleated sleeve
Interlined front bodice
I wil be stitching more of the dress this week, I promise it won't be months before I post again!